Make our Easy Fried Hot Cross Bun with Augustus gelato!
Who doesn’t love a mouthwatering dessert that combines the hot cross buns and our gelato! Trust us, it’s the easiest recipe to follow, perfect for a chilly or hot day. So, let’s get baking!
For the Fried Hot Cross Buns:
- 4 fresh Hot Cross Buns (choose your favourite variety)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, for frying
For the Gelato Topping:
- Your choice of our gelato flavours (we chose our Butterscoff & Vanilla)
- Maple syrup
1. PREP YOUR BUNS
- Slice the Hot Cross Buns horizontally, creating a top and a bottom for each bun.
2. WHIP UP THE BUTTER
- Prepare the 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter for the fry pan.
3. FRY TO PERFECTION
- Over medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Place the hot cross bun halves in the pan and cook until golden brown. Repeat for all buns, adding more butter as needed.
4. SERVE WITH GELATO
- Once the Fried Hot Cross Buns are beautifully golden and crisp, remove them from the pan and let them cool slightly.
- Time for the grand finale: scoop your favourite Augustus Gelatery gelato flavours onto the bottom halves of the buns.
- Top with maple syrup or anything that satisfies your cravings.
5. INDULGE AND ENJOY
- Serve and enjoy – the crispiness of the bun, the creamy gelato, and the explosion of flavour.
So, gather your ingredients, unleash your culinary creativity, and prepare to savour a symphony of flavours that will leave you craving for more. Enjoy every sizzling, scoop-filled bite!